One of the best parts of the New Year might be going out to a celebration with friends and family. But, when the first day of the year rolls around, that means it’s resolution time! For many people, making New Year’s resolutions can be an important part of welcoming what’s to come. It can be pretty hard to keep those resolutions year after year though. Luckily, with the right resolutions and a few tips, you may be on your way to an improved 2023.
What’s a Good New Year’s Resolution to Make?
There’s a different resolution for every person when the month of January rolls around. While there are no wrong resolution ideas, here are some options that might make you want to start early:
- Lose Weight – It often comes as eating healthy or exercising, but weight loss is one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions. After the holiday indulgence, January can seem like a particularly good time to change your diet. .
- Manage Your Money – The word budget strikes fear into the heart of many people all year round. The New Year, however, can be a good time to broach financial challenges. Whether by making more or saving money, financial well-being is an important goal!
- Learn New Skills – Whether it’s carpentry, calligraphy or kickboxing, there is a world of hobbies waiting to be pursued. For many Americans, New Year’s resolutions can be a great time to broach a new hobby! Share your own ideas with others on your favorite family app.
- Get Organized – Life is pretty busy for most of us, and that means it can be hard to stay on top of things. Organization can be a great way to get a handle on all of the things going on in our life. However, it’s only in the New Year that many resolve to come up with a plan!
What Are Some Good Tips on Succeeding at Your New Year’s Resolutions?
It can be hard to maintain lifestyle changes once the luster of newness has worn off. If you’re determined to achieve your goals and establish new habits this year, the following tips might offer the key to success!
- Does It Inspire You? – Many people end up making resolutions that aren’t meaningful to them. Whether it’s being healthy or exercising more, a goal you’re not invested in won’t go anywhere. The best New Year’s resolutions will be things that you can get excited about.
- Make It Manageable – It’s easy to get carried away when the New Year is a few weeks away. But making a resolution that’s too challenging may not lead to success. Instead, choose resolutions that you can see yourself doing. For more difficult ones, you can even do them in parts to make it easier. Share your ideas with others on FamilyApp!
- Write Them Down – It might seem silly, but writing down your goals can actually cement them in a different way. Not only will it help you clarify what you really want, but it will also ensure you don’t forget them. Down the line, it can also be a reminder of progress made!
- Go Easy on Yourself – New Year’s resolutions ideas aren’t hard to come up with, but staying on track is! That’s why it so important to give yourself wiggle room. No matter what your self-improvement goal is, change is hard. You will fall off the wagon, but getting back on is what’s most important.