Recipes to add a little sunshine to your Easter morning or any morning!
Ham, Egg, and Asparagus Bake
- 1 ½ cups cooked ham, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup yellow (or red) bell peppers, chopped
- 10 oz pkg. frozen cut asparagus, thawed, or 10 fresh stalks, cut
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º F (220 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Mix ham, onion, peppers, and asparagus in the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, flour, Parmesan, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes in preheated oven or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Continue baking 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
by Beth Herman for Old Farmer’s Almanac
Source: Ham, Egg & Asparagus Bake for Easter Brunch – Farmers’ Almanac (farmersalmanac.com)