“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” — Steve Jobs
How do you feel about your life today? Do you live every day in excitement? Do you look forward to what’s coming up next? Are you living your best life?
If your answer to any of the above is a no, not sure, or maybe, that means you’re not living your life to the fullest. Which really shouldn’t be the case, because your life experience is yours to create. We all have good days and bad days, and the most important thing is to make the best out of each day, regardless of the good or bad. Ultimately, we only have one life to live. We can’t control all the bad things that happen, but we can change our attitude toward them — and in the process, shape our future and create our most amazing life experience.
In this post, I want to share 101 timeless tips to live our best life. Don’t let yourself be overwhelmed by these 101 tips — use them as a guide, and focus on applying just one or two a day. As you work on these tips, you’ll find yourself becoming more conscious and more proactive in creating the life of your dreams. Be sure to bookmark or print out this page and refer to it daily!
Here are 101 ways to live your life to the fullest:
- Live every day on a fresh new start. Don’t be held back by what happened yesterday, the day before, the week before, the year before, or even decades ago. Life is short, so live in the present moment.
- Be true to who you are. Stop trying to please other people or to be someone else. It’s better to be an original version of yourself rather than be an exact duplicate of someone else.
- Quit complaining. Don’t be like the howling dog, always howling and never doing anything. Stop complaining about your problems and work on them instead.
- Be proactive. Stop waiting for others around you to do something and take action yourself instead.
- Rather than think “what if,” think “next time.” Don’t think about the things you can’t change. Instead focus on the things you can act on. That’s the most constructive thing you can do in any situation.
- Focus on WHAT vs. How. Focus on WHAT you want first, before you think about HOW to do it. Anything is possible as long as you set your mind, heart, and soul to it.
- Create your own opportunities. You can wait for opportunities, or you can get out there and create your own. The latter is definite and much more empowering.
- Live consciously each day. Stop sleepwalking through life. Your life is something to be experienced, not coasted through.
- Be committed to your growth. Take courses. Self-reflect. Build on your strengths. Don’t rely on the feeling of familiarity but focus on what will enable you to grow the most.
- Know your inner self. This means knowing who you are and what you represent. Be clear of your personal identity. Read: Finding Your Inner Self
- Discover your life purpose. Set the mission statement for your life, one that will drive you to live your life to the fullest. Read: How To Find Your Life Purpose (7-part series)
- Live in alignment with your purpose. What can you start doing immediately that will let you live 100% in alignment with your purpose? How can you live true to your purpose within every situation you are in, every second of the day?
- Set your life commandments. Define your personal commandments to live your best life. What adages and principles do you want to follow in your life?
- Discover your values. Values are the essence of what makes you, you.
- Hold yourself to the highest conduct. Every one of us have our own set of ethics and principles. Live true to them every day. Also, live in full alignment with your purpose (#12), commandments (#13) and values (#14).
- Stop putting life on hold. Are you putting any parts of your life on hold? What is one area of your life you have been putting off, avoiding or denying? Uncover that and start working on it.
- Create your life handbook. Your life handbook is your personal manual to live your best life, containing your mission statement, values, goals, personal strengths, blind spots, and action plans. Start off with a few basic pages, and then build on it.
- Design your ideal life. What is your ideal life? Design it. First, assess your life via the life wheel. Then, ask yourself what it takes to live a 10/10 life. What is the life that will make you shout for joy? There are no limits in life — only those you set for yourself!
- Set your goals. After you design your ideal life, set your 5-year, 3-year, and 1-year goals. The more specific they are, the better!
- Take action on your goals and dreams. Create an action plan for your goals and work on it!
- Create your bucket list, which is a list of things to do before you die. Then, get out there to achieve them.
- Don’t do things for the sake of doing them. Always evaluate what you’re doing and only do it if there is meaning behind them. Don’t be afraid to quit the things that don’t serve your path.
- Do the things you love because life is too precious to be doing anything else. If you don’t enjoy something, then don’t do it. Spend your time and energy on things that bring you fulfillment and happiness.
- Discover your passion in life. What sets you on fire? Go out there to discover what you love to do.
- Make your passion a full-fledged career. Then, start pursuing it. Stop working in a job you feel passionless about. Quit your job when you are ready to do it full-time.
- Turn your passion into a huge success. Turn your passion into a multi-million-dollar business. Better yet, make it a multi-billion dollar one.
- Learn from criticism. Be open to criticism but don’t be affected by it. Criticism is meant to help you be a better person. Learn from it.
- Be positive. Is the glass half empty or half full? What if I say it’s neither? It’s actually all-full – the bottom half is water, the top half is air. It’s all a matter of perception. Take on perceptions that empower you, not those that bind you. If you can see the positive side of everything, you’ll be able to live a much richer life than others.
Excerpts taken from the book,”101 Ways to Live Your Life to the Fullest” by Ceres. Free e-book available at the link below.
Source: 101 Ways To Live Your Life To The Fullest – Personal Excellence