Soothe your soul with this comfort food favorite! Store-bought crust makes it super easy.
Classic Chicken Pot Pie
A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic.
- 3 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works well), shreddedOne sweet potato, peeled, chopped and steamed until just cookedParsnips, diced
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables–cooked just short of fully cooked according to package directions.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- Directions: Preheat oven to 425° F. Place one pie crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.* In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cooked vegetables, sweet potato and parsnips, and season taste. Set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the onions in the butter until soft and translucent. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat, pour over the chicken and vegetables and mix well. Pour mixture into the prepared pie shell and add top crust. Cut away any excess dough and seal the edges. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
by Susan Shanagan for Farmers Almanac
Source: Classic Chicken Pot Pie: Comfort Food At Its Best! – Farmers’ Almanac (farmersalmanac.com)
One thought on “Classic Chicken Pot Pie: Comfort Food At Its Best!”
Looks like flaky/puff pastry 🥮
Comments are closed.