Mother’s Day is this weekend, and for most of us, it’s a chance to reflect and honor moms and mother figures who have been significant in our lives. While the day can also be challenging for some — those who have lost mothers or for whom the relationship wasn’t ideal — we hope that these conversation starters will spark a meaningful and positive dialogue for everyone.
- Name three things about your mother — or a mother figure — that you try to model in your own life.
- What is your fondest or funniest memory about your mother or mother figure?
- If you could plan the ideal Mother’s Day celebration, what would you choose to do and why?
- Animals are mothers, too! Often moms in the animal kingdom have interesting mothering practices. If you could be, or have, any animal mom, what would you choose?
- What’s the best advice a mother ever gave you?