The New Year always sparks my resolve to eat more vegetables. I have not made this cashew cabbage recipe in a long time, but the flavors are wonderful, plus it’s versatile – you can use what you have on hand.
- 2 Tbspcooking oil, for high heat
- 1 smallonion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalk(s)celery, thinly sliced
- 1carrot, peeled and cut julienne
- 1 csliced mushrooms
- 1bell pepper, cut julienne
- 1 cwhole cashews
- 1/4 cwhite wine
- 1/4 clow sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 lbfinely shredded green cabbage
- 1-2 dash(es)dark sesame oil
- 1-2 dash(es)garlic powder
- ·fresh ground black pepper (if desired)
How to Make Cashew Cabbage
- In a wok or large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onion, celery, and carrot for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, pepper, and cashews, and stir-fry another 3 minutes.
- Add wine, soy sauce, and cabbage. Stir well, cover, and steam until cabbage wilts slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and garlic powder.
- Continue stirring until cabbage is done to your liking. May season with black pepper if desired.