by Chrystal Johnson of Happy-mothering.com
Peanut butter gives the perfect salty balance to the sweetness of homemade ice cream. This peanut butter ice cream recipe brings all the flavors together with chocolate chips too.
Next time you want a decadent, sweet and salty ice cream for dessert, give this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Ice Cream recipe a try.
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Whisk together the half and half, sugar, salt and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate the mixture for around 2 hours to ensure it’s cold.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and allow it to churn for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate chips into the ice cream maker and allow it to churn for another 5 minutes.
- Drop the peanut butter in 1-2 tablespoons at a time so that it swirls evenly throughout the ice cream.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe dish and freeze for at least one hour or longer before serving (unless you prefer a soft serve texture).
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 394mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1.5mg