Hello readers, I’m not sure about this information or what the site is selling. I have posted the article because I felt it might benefit people who are having the symptoms expressed in the article. When in doubt, talk to your doctor about how you are feeling and what can be done to begin feeling better. All the best. DH
Natural Strategies to Boost Serotonin Levels
- Healthy Sun Exposure: The sunlight stimulates serotonin production. The best time for this is in the morning and around the middle of the day. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is due to a lack of sunlight exposure that dramatically lowers serotonin production (12).
- Get in the Dirt: Microbes in the soil have been shown to increase serotonin levels. This is why gardening is one of the best hobbies for your mood. Going to the beach and getting in the sand works great too! (13)
- Regular Exercise: Get moving! Walking, running and resistance training all help to boost up serotonin levels. Exercise beats anti-depressant meds in every clinical trial.
- Cultivate Gratitude: Focusing on positive thoughts has been shown to increase the brain’s serotonin levels. Decide to stay upbeat in spite of your circumstances.
- Prayer and Meditation: Focused breathing, empathy and the ability to control your thoughts through meditation and prayer will help you make life so much more enjoyable.