Needing things to talk about when you find yourself in a room of new people? Being perpetually tongue-tied is difficult and knowing how to start a conversation is hard. And knowing how to keep a conversation going with a girl is even harder!
via: Pexels / Daria Shevtsova
What you really need is a list of things to talk about when your brain fails to come up with great conversation starters. Well don’t worry, we have you covered!
When is comes to finding the best things to talk about, all you need to do is have a few great topics up your sleeve. By having these up your sleeve you are sure to turn into the life of the party.
Here are the 16 best things to talk about:
1. What Is The Craziest, Most Outrageous Thing You Want To Achieve?
And we’re off the mark with a question that is sure to turn a few heads, and get some interesting answers!
2. Have Your Parents Influenced What Goals You Have?
As questions go, this one is both personal and interesting.
3. What Is A Fashion Trend You Are Really Glad Went Away?
Everyone has one. Corded trousers and tinted sunglasses anyone?
4. Do You Play Any Musical Instruments?
Knowing that someone hows how to play a musical instrument is a great conversation starter. And who knows, it could lead to you joining your first band!
5. How do you get along with the people you work with?
Sometimes this question can seem a little bit loaded but sometimes it is great to get the drama off your chest.
6. What Is Your Guilty Pleasure?
Everyone and I mean everyone has a guilty pleasure? So why not ask what theirs is?
7. What Word Or Saying From The Past Do You Think Should Come Back?
They say the oldies are the best and why shouldn’t that apply to sayings and words?
8. What Do You Bring With You Everywhere You Go?
Even the most laid back people have their favorite item they like to bring everywhere with them.
9. What Is The Most Annoying Habit Someone Can Have?
If you want a question that will give you a really long answer, this question is the best one to ask.
10. What Is The Strangest Dream You Have Ever Had?
Dreams can be everything from scary to downright weird. But hearing about other people’s dream is always interesting.
via: Pexels / John-Mark Smith
11. If You Had Intro Music, What Song Would It Be? Why?
Some people have never thought about what their theme tune would be and when you ask this question it really gets people thinking.
12. Where in the world would you love to live most? Why?
From the Rocky Mountains to the outback of Australia, everyone has a place they would love to move to.
13. What Was The Best Invention Of The Last 50 Years?
This one is a bit of a head-scratcher. With so many inventions in the pst 50 years, how can you choose one?
14. Where Is The Most Awe Inspiring Place You Have Been?
When it comes to finding new placed to travel to, the answer to this question will give you some great ideas.
15. What Book Has Influenced You The Most?
You can tell a lot about a person by the book they choose. And you never know, you might get some great book suggestions out of the answer too!
16. Can You Describe Your Life With A Six Word Sentence?
This question is a great way to not only start a conversation with one person but to give everyone in the group an opportunity to get to know each other.
Good start for conversation novices. You can find more starters here:
Thanks to Rebecca at: https://www.mantelligence.com/things-to-talk-about/