Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Is my book a passion project?
- Am I writing this book to improve my craft?
- Will this book help me advance my career or become an expert in my field?
- How will I serve existing or new readers with my book?
- Is a book the best medium for me to express my ideas?
- Do I want to generate a side-income from my book and if so, how much?
- Do I have a plan for the marketing, promotion and distribution of my book?
- Will this book help me advance my dream for writing full-time?
Have at least four to seven reasons for why you’re writing a book in the first place because they will help you keep motivated when you feel isolated or when others question what you’re doing.
The author, Bryan Collins, writes:
To practice writing and improve my craft
To help other writers and readers
To deepen my knowledge of various topics
To earn a side-income from book sales
Read his whole story at:
Read more of my story at: